Auto Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Auto Insurance Information
Auto Insurance in Texas
Auto insurance can help you financially if you are involved in an accident. We’re here to help you get the car insurance you need. Contact Area Insurance Services to get a personalized quote for car insurance.
How Does Car Insurance Work?
Car insurance is designed to provide financial protection according to the policy’s terms in case of an accident or other covered incidents. You pay a premium, and the insurance company promises to help pay for any damages, injuries, or losses from a covered event, depending on the coverages you choose and the details of the incident.
Car insurance coverage varies in coverage and cost, so it’s essential to consider your needs and talk to an experienced agent before you choose a policy.
What Auto Insurance Do You Need?
In Texas, drivers must prove they can pay for the costs of accidents they cause. Most people do this by getting auto liability insurance that meets the state’s minimum requirements.
Other optional auto insurance policies can give you extra financial protection. Your insurance agent might suggest adding the following types of coverage:
- Collision coverage may help pay for repairs or car replacement if yours is damaged in an accident with an object or another vehicle.
- Comprehensive insurance may help pay for damages if your car is stolen or damaged by things like fire, bad weather or hitting an animal.
- Medical payments (MedPay) coverage may help pay for medical bills if you or your passengers get hurt in an accident.
- Personal injury protection (PIP) coverage may help pay for costs related to an accident, like lost wages and other non-medical expenses. It may also help with medical bills for you and your passengers.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage may help cover your losses if you’re hit by someone who doesn’t have appropriate insurance coverage. It can also help if you’re the victim of a hit-and-run incident.
How Auto Insurance Claims Work
The process for making a claim on your auto insurance varies depending on the insurance company and the type of claim you’re making.
Generally, when you have an accident or damage to your car, you can contact your insurance company to start the process. You’ll need to give them details about the accident, like where and when it happened and your policy number. The insurance company assesses the damages and reviews your coverage to help determine how much they’ll pay.
How Auto Insurance Deductibles Work
Auto insurance deductibles are the amount you agree to pay out of pocket before your insurance starts to pay for your damages or losses. If you choose a higher deductible plan, your insurance premiums will typically be lower.
Contact Area Insurance Services in Midland, Texas, to learn more about auto insurance discounts and compare car insurance quotes today.